Tag!

All right…been ages since Burra called tag…but then nothing can be done when laziness creeps in! Now that am done reading up PL/SQL books, guess I could sit down and write about some other books…books that I’ve loved and treasured…

Total number of books I own:
Have never counted them…rather I should say that I’ve never really read them all…but talking of approximations, it would come to something around 90…am sure that there’re more, lying in the lofts…Sad that it wouldn’t be a huge number, owing to a mass space saving tactic that my dad decided to work on…he gave loads of books away to an uncle’s library…so if I could include that…it should come to something close to a couple of hundreds…

Last book I bought:
Brick Lane by Monica Ali…am still reading it…

Last book I read:
Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie…have been going back to the good old days…mystery seems to be rather intriguing these days…wonder why...murderous instincts I guess!

Currently reading:
Nothing save a few pages of Brick Lane…have put it down for the moment and switched to reading loads of plays online…Have been realizing how Eugene O Neill ought to be called the king of tragedy…

Books that have had an impact on me:
My Family and Other Animals, Birds, beasts and Relatives by Gerald Durrell…books that made me love details…and animals…

The Theatre, by Somerset Maugham…taught me the sad truths of human nature…the story of an actress in search of love and life…

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy…sheer poetry…a simple story of everyone’s backyard skeletons…

Anandamath by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyaya…goose pimples…

There’re loads of other authors and poets who’ve made me…shall attribute my not mentioning them to laziness and amnesia…

Ah! The best part! Hmmm...How about I tag akki and the brownie?![:D]

Comments

GB said…
Oh am I supposed to cut-copy-paste the questions on my blog and answer? Oh, what do I do? Oh. :p
GB said…
Will do next week. After I get enough responses for 'Fish'. And do you by any chance know this Akilesh person? What a whopping moron!
Arun Sethuraman said…
hmmm...some sort of an acqaintance...ages back...happened to meet him at a movie that we(prospective bitsians and nusians (then)) went to see after the 12th...total comedy that was![:D]no one knew anyone!
GB said…
The Brownie has responded to the tag :)

Popular Posts