Come together...

It’s really surprising when you talk of things that change every moment and the next moment you realize that something don’t.
As I sped my way through a Saturday afternoon traffic to a reunion for which I was already late(darned ps!!!), thoughts flew in and out as to how it would be…Am talking about people whom I hadn’t met in over close to 6 years…6 years that have changed me a lot…6 years of experiences…good and bad…happy and sad…(shit! It rhymes…!)
I enter the place in formals(darned ps again!!!) and everyone stares at me in awe; an assurance that I have changed. But then the same familiar faces met my eyes; the same people with whom I had spent the younger years of my life with. What a ride it has been?!!!!

There was Appu...the same bubbly girl, who always crapped, although the amount of crap varied with the sort of company that she was in. Surprisingly, she seemed totally out of place…Ice…frozen over 6 years of ‘things’…I still remember how we guys used to play ‘dark room’ at her place…and her lovely alsation…sigh…time flies…

Then there was DJ…The same ‘hep’(?) girl…She always tried hard to look different…Absolutely no change today either…! She was her same squeaky self…squeak…squeak…squeak!

Then there was Pinkie…time frozen....I didn’t hear her say anything save a ‘bye’ when she was leaving! I still remember how we used to laugh away in those lunch breaks over another classmate’s funny accent…she never talked then too…just laughed!

Then there was Archana...The same professor-like glasses, the same shrill voice...the same degree of book-wormishness...old books...yellow and happy!(ironical eh?!)

Vidhya...hmmmm...she's in BITS...so guess that she wasn't much of a surprise...but then coming to think of it, even she hadn't changed much after coming to BITS...she still ghoted so much!

And then...SD...one of my crushes...she still looked the same...though not in my eyes...that was all gone the moment I saw her hand-in-hand with a tall gentleman in Spencers...guess that there are exceptions to dormant change(oxymoronish!) I was reminded of how things were in the 7th standard...the class on two sides...mine and kv's...and the sole reason? Her...Mallika Jayaraman's lectures...the whole class in tears...me and kv calling peace...and the post-war meetings at bhuvi's, appu's, mithuna's and my place...sigh! Nostalgia!

And then of course, there's always a Dipti beside DS...it was true here too!!! There she sat, the same serene girl from that ever envious lovely joint family of Mathurs...Still not able to follow what we were crapping in Tamil, yet trying her best not to react to it...Lost, yet found!(am punny!(duh...not pig, people!!!)

The was Preethi...hmmmm...someone whom I'd thought had changed so much...but gasp! No!!!!!! Talk talk talk...!Hehehehehe! Possibly the only girl I got pretty close to at school...and after 6 years...I realised that she still was the same old good friend!

And then there were was RV...the same quiet guy who was known for being the pillar on KV's side during the days of the feud...I still remember the day after the feud, when we guys weren't paying attention in LC's class and passing around chits of paper...KV's words..."RV, brilli boy is working on finding out a number beyond infinity!"...and my words..."That's super cool!"(shit!)

Next to him sat PR...this chap had grown taller than anyone expected him to but then something remained 'him'! His stupid smile and extremely p sense of humour....Reminded me of those wasted PT hours with sticks and leaves!!"Adisesha...Pambusesha...."(damn!!!reminds me of some really stupid days!!!)

Then was Kumu..the pillar on my side in the days of the feud...He still remained the ambitious guy, who always wanted to achieve something, though he talks of Microsoft and Trilogy these days, rather than Grandmasters and Fritz! Those lovely days of ghoting in Fisherman's Cove, carbon papers and xeroxes...man!

Good old Kicha...the same crude innocence...one of the few of these people whom I had grown up with...never changing...ever ancient!...though the yellow bags have been replaced by funkier versions these days...the same loveliest friend of mine...

Then there was JK...he happened to break a couple of teeth on falling down after lunch...and everyone still wondered what his mom and grandmom would say...testimony to stillness of time...

Geeks...another of those people whom I'd grown up with...still growing...!

People I never expected to meet again in my life...people I thought would never resist change...people...
"Time ungrown,
lies limp in joy...
Woes forgotten...
All forgiven...
What a day
oh
just what a day?!"

Comments

N said…
machchan.... nostalgia... brot back so many memories da!!!
keep bloggin!

Popular Posts